Google My Business connects Google search, maps, Google +, as well as Insights, Reviews, and Google Analytics into a one convenient application. This means you can easily manage all these features in one interface and changes will update for all of Google’s services. These services allow your local business to be found more quickly and conveniently online. If you are not a local business, Google My Business is still beneficial as it provides a user-friendly page that allows managers to create content, interact with customers, and track Google Analytics. Let’s get started!
Note: if you have already created Google Places for Business or Google + then your Google account will already have Google My Business created
STEPS TO SET UP GOOGLE MY BUSINESS:
- Visit https://www.google.com/business/ and click “Get on Google”.
- Select or create the Google account you want to use and sign in.
- Search for your business in the prompted area by name and address.
If you are not a local business click on the prompt “Not a local business?”. You then need to select your business type. The Brand option directs you to create a non-local Google + page.
If you cannot find your business that means it was not added, simply click “None of these matches, add your business” and fill in the required information to add your business!
- Once you have found or created your correct business location and type, click on it.
- Google will now create your Google + page with your address you inputted. Check “I am authorized to manage this business” and click continue.
- Google will need you to verify your business so click on “Mail me my Code”. Your code will be sent to your business location.
Congratulations! You now have Google My Business set up for your business!
- Before you have access to your dashboard, Google offers a quick tour of Google My Business. Click “Get Started” to be shown around or you can also skip the tour by clicking “Skip Tour”.
- The next step is to add a Profile photo to the account. To do so click “Add profile photo” under the profile % completion bar on your dashboard.
- Continue the same process to add your business hours, contact information, any additional photos, your website, and finally an intro to your page. Then click “Done Editing”.
You now have customized and set up Google My Business! All of Google’s helpful services will now be at your disposal in one place. Potential customers will also now be able locate you more efficiently and have a higher potential to do business!
Make sure to verify your business once the pin is received so you have access to all features!